Jeff Brainard blogs at Socialtext.com about pluggable integration:
- Easily export wiki content for integration into HTML, PDF and Word with document management systems
- Simplify authentication and create a seamless portal experience with directory services and single sign-on integration
- Quickly use search to find relevant wiki content, plus use Google for advanced search requirements
- Embed the best-of-breed Socialtext wiki within your existing Microsoft Sharepoint portal environment
- Allow 'anytime, anywhere' access to wiki content with mobile and disconnected-mode access
- Use standards & open APIs to integrate custom applications and content with your wiki
There are some things in his post that are new features that we decided not to toot our horn about too loudly. For those following our open development more closely, we are planning on spiking a real plugin system that goes beyond our APIs during a hackathon in Vancouver. We're making a lot of progress that you can participate in, say at our next wikithon.