Last time I can say I was right in saying 2006 would be the year of video. I think I scored well (not as well as YouTube, but you get the idea).
My 2007 Predictions, keeping it simple:
- 2007 will be the year of offline web applications.
- The consumer Internet will peak
- Sense of ownership will be a primary social software design principle
- DRM will become a mainstream issue
- The traditional technology events business will either embrace the ad hoc, or collapse
- Enterprise 2.0 will mainstream with acceptance, while a new category emerges to complement blogs, wikis and RSS
- The IPO window cracks open just as we get the beginnings of SarBox reform
I'm not explaining these in-depth, to leave myself little qualifiers.